Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time Travel

I’ve determined something very important. And I’m really glad I went through the mental processes to figure it out. I’ve decided that I can never really know if time travel is or will be possible for one main reason. I was not alive during 1969. From my understanding it was quite an incredible year. There were riots and demonstrations all over the world. Most countries were trying to solve the unrest within their own borders in addition to the political and worldwide unrest between nations. The space program among many nations was well funded and man walked on the moon for the first time. Religions and belief systems were popping up everywhere just waiting for people to join them. There were killing sprees alongside marches against death. Then of course, there was Woodstock.
I venture to say if there was any year that someone from the future would want to come to earth and visit, it would be that year. I’m not saying that any of these events would interest them in the least. People from the future will probably still have political unrest, they might have been to several moons a few times, and though Woodstock might be a draw to them, I’m sure by that time they’ll have some sort of virtual reality machine developed so that it would be as if they did go to Woodstock. I’m just saying that this year, out of any other year in history, they would completely blend in. I say that Future man could show up in the middle of any large city in the world in a huge futuristic looking time machine, and he would not have made the front page of any newspaper. Therefore, since I was not there. I’m never going to know.

No comments: