For someone that doesn't like to talk a lot, I talk a lot to my friends and family. They may be getting tired of hearing, "You know I've been thinking. . ." So here is the overflow of my thoughts that I want to get "out there".
Friday, November 02, 2012
Fish Oil and Zinc
I am very excited about. . .fish oil and zinc. Let me tell you why.
I was diagnosed with A.D.D. when I was about 14ish. I started on meds and stayed on them till I was 20 and decided I didn't need them any more. 9 years of my life passed and well, they were some rough times. I started back on meds when I was 29 and was very pleased. Then 3 years later I got pregnant and was unable to keep taking them. And with all of the pregnancy hormones and making a baby and everything my symptoms were definitely suppressed.
Well I had a baby about a year ago and finished nursing a few weeks ago and the A.D.D. symptoms came back like an angry cat. For various reasons I haven't been able to go back on meds and it's been rough, for everyone in my household. So I desperately did some online searching and good old webmd said that some people try fish oil and zinc to relieve symptoms. Sure, I'll totally try it!
Yes. Yes they do. It's not like being on meds, it's still hard to focus, and I get a little out of sorts but it's not at all as bad as it was. Additionally on the days I don't take it I can tell a significant difference. What a huge blessing it has been!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment