Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My farm


So I realize this makes me...well I don't actually know what this makes me...any number of terms for someone who is addicted to anything online. I like to use the phrase "a bit of a goober"...so I will. So I realize this makes me a bit of a goober. But I really like myfarm. Its the online farming game on facebook where you essentially have your own farm on which you can grow and harvest any number of crops. You can also save up for a barn ,chicken coops, houses, and a woodshed for various uses. I use it as my art pallet. Here I am growing a lot of tomatoes (the brown boxes) and rice (the blue boxes). It's so delightful because you really do have to work, sort of, to build up your farm. None of this immediate gratification or anything, I mean it takes 20 WHOLE hours to grow your tomatoes to be ready for harvesting. Sometimes it feels like forever. I love it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

This is SO funny, but in a really endearing Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail kind of way:) I love that you called yourself a goober. I never hear anyone say that word & I think it's just hilarious. I call my sisters that & sometimes my students when they're being silly & it always makes them giggle. I hope you enjoy a good harvest from your tomato crop this year!

Crayl said...

I like your tree pattern. Very artistic.
:)

Emma Anne said...

I need to try this. Except I was just thinking last night that the LAST thing I need right now is to get addicted to an online game. But I like it that yours involved farming.