Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

All things April, or more specifically things related to this April in particular.



1. I love my bike ride to work. The flowers are blooming so that there are daisy's all along the side of the road. It is just beautiful.

2. The air is so cool and crisp but not frigid as it feels in winter.

3. Easter!

4. It reminds me of my dog growing up. Her name was April because we got her in April. Though for the life of me I can't think why she received such a common name as that with all of the readers in our household. Maybe that was the only one we could agree upon. If I had her now, I would name her Guinevere.

5. Tax season, no I'm not thankful for taxes themselves, but I am thankful for the people who make it all that much easier to get through tax season. So I say, God Bless Randy Deegan my tax man.

6. Easter Candy...need I say more?

7. Growing up. This April in particular I've had to do a lot of growing up. I'm out on my own, need to get up on time, make dinner myself, do the dishes, you know all of the things gorwn-ups do. Though its not fun or easy, I am thinkful for the growing parts of it.

8. Bible Study. We met last week and it was a really good time. It kinda of reached the point where we'ver all gotten to know each other a little bit better and have let down our guard a little bit more. It was such a nice time of building friendships and encouraging each other. I used to joke that i hated women's ministry stuff. That I wanted to be in men's ministry, . I still don't quite go for some of the super-girlish events, but here I am, in a women's Bible study and well, these women are pretty great. They are raw and honest and kind. I think God for them in my life.

9. It's plantin time for the garden! My boss has this huge garden in his back yard and every year they have a big bbq and people come over and plant (almost) whatver they want in his garden. He'll take care of it they just need to do the plantin! I'm excited for that too.

10. April is a great respite after the month o' birthdays in March too. It's rather calmer birthday-wise :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's so great that you ride your bike to work & that you take time to notice the flowers on the way:)
Guinevere is an absolutely fantastic name for a dog! The women in your Bible study sound awesome - "raw, honest & kind" - I love that.

This was a ray of sunshine, Miss Riding Hood:) Glad I got to read it!

Crayl said...

Beautiful list. Thank you.

Mama V said...

Man, are you cute. I need to start doing Ten on Tuesday. I am truly inspired and have been for a while now. :)