I don't know how people do it without God. I mean that probably sounds narrow minded. But really when it comes down to it...He is all that I have. When I am alone, He is there. There will never be a time, in this life or in the life to come that I have to be ever truely alone. I will never be laying in my coffin realizing that this is the end.
I just so wish the people around me could have that too. I see so many people hurting and lonely - and without God and the Holy Spirit to comfort and give perspective. I see this and I realize in my own life how I run around trying to meet my own needs, when everything I could ever need is in the Lord. He will provide, He promises to. So when I fall, and I always do fall after trying to satisfy my heart elsewhere, He is there to teach me, guide me, correct and direct. So that even when I completely loose it...I am not lost forever.
He makes good out of bad daily. And I get to watch it happen in my own life. I just so wish, especially today, that the people around me right now as I am at work, can see it in their own lives. But I know that too, the need I have to see people come to him, will be fulfilled completely in God's time.
Lord,
I am failing to trust in you right now. Thinking that somehow you aren't working or don't see the need people around me have for you. Forgive me Lord. Please Father I pray that they see you. And that you will give me a heart for them that shows you to them daily. You know that ways I have failed at that already, but Lord you do make so many good things come out of bad. Thank you for the reminder that you are their Father also. Keep me from trying to fill others needs when they can only be filled with you. Praise you Lord that you are so much bigger then I can imagine and that you have everything, even their very souls, in your loving hand.
5 comments:
Yay! Finally, an update:) This was such a beautiful post and shows so much about who you are - someone who cares deeply for others and is sensitive spiritually. That is so awesome that you even take the time to see the needs and hurts of others; most people are too busy to notice things like that & it's easy to get caught up in your own to do list. My favorite part - the most convicting for me - was (oh, how did you say it? I'll probably butcher it!) when you talked about not filling needs for others that can only be filled by Him. It was something along those lines, I think. That really hit me, because it pains me to see people suffering and I always want to fix it and take care of everyone, usually to the point of running myself ragged. They need to be directed to God, not us. Our lives should point them to Him. Oh, that is SO good. Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed to read that today! :)
I'm so glad you get it. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with feeling somethings that words don't work so well for me. I don't know why but it so helps me to share it.
Keep writing:) You come across as so heartfelt and and insightful. I really like the way you think!
Dear friend, THANK YOU for sharing your heart! It is so lovely!!! It's so easy to see what we feel is a lack of God working isn't it? And when He IS working, we often do not see. I appreciate that you admitted your unbelief! I struggle witht that too, but I don't always realize tha that is exacty what it is. Praise Gos He is so merciful and quick to forgive and put us back on course! Love you!
This also reminds me of one of my favorite of Corrie Ten Boom's quote, "You don't realize that God is all you need until He is all you have." Rings so much more profoundly when we think of her story, huh? XOX
Kristy, I love this post. I love how genuine it is and how you share your heart. But what a lesson to remember that we are not the ones that control other people's salvation--even if we are responsible to share with them, we're not responsible to save them. Kinda takes the weight off in one sense but means we have to really rest in Him and WAIT for His timing. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment