1. Jingles - Gimme a break! Gimme a break! Break me off a piece of that ____. Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Wiener... I really do enjoy catchy tunes that continue to ring in your ear...so you know what they do? Beside work (maybe) at reminding us of certain products? They bring a small sense of community. Just something else that people, maybe with little in common that is obvious, can relate to each other through. Yes sometimes I find myself watching TV because I am lonely...not because the TV itself is a necessarily good companion...but because I know somewhere there are other people in the world watching the same thing I am. That makes me feel like a part of something. And if I, who am surrounded by the Love and acceptance of amazing friends and family, feel that way I bet there are other people out there that feel the same way too...granted they may not have analyzed it to the degree I have...sheesh. But also maybe I can relate to them someday if they hear me humming that tune and it can be how we start up a conversation and find that we have other things in common, and then somehow bless each other through that. Stranger things have happened. And yeah I did just write the framework of a Hallmark movie, but I don't think that's all bad either.
2. Joey D- Yes ladies and gentlemen he eats diaper cream like its going out of style, but he's a product of two of my favorite people in the whole world...and him just talking to me can melt my heart into a puddle...I am so very thankful he exists and can't wait to see what is to come! Praise the Lord for His child Joey.
3. Josiah R- Yes ladies and gentlemen he pees on me...but if I am going to be peed on by anyone in the world, he's who I'd pick no doubt! I can't wait to get to know Josiah, see him grow in the strength of the Lord, hear his voice when the time comes, and watch his parents raise him to be an amazing man of God.
4. Justification - So this is the thing I'm learning a lot about now. This thing called Justification and how it is different then Sanctification. So at the moment we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, at that moment in History, right when it happened, we were Justified. Done. No going to hell. God no longer sees our sin in the past present or future when determining where we spend eternity, he sees his Son in us. Period. That's the point of justification. It ONLY takes faith. That's the amazing part about grace that it happens "while we are still sinners". Sanctification is an ongoing process of us becoming more and more Like Jesus. I still have nightmares sometimes. Anxiety attacks that I'm going to hell. Maybe a few of you didn't' know that I ever had those but I did. It's been a gnarly last few years...but anyways. I still have those sometimes thinking, nope I screwed up too badly, I had a chance to be saved but I blew it. Or, what if I'm missing something, what if there is something that I haven't done that has been left out and I'm S.O.L.? I mean this is kind of an important thing to get right...you know? This isn't something that you want to, you know, just wing it or just take someone elses word...trust me...Man is Fallible. So when these anxiety attacks some I go back to what I know to be true (something my brilliant sister reminds me constantly to do) What do I KNOW for sure? What is consistent with what I know about Grace and God's work in MY life? God is Love, Faithful, Forgiving, Perfect, God sent his Son to die, and the Bible says that we are justified by Faith. Period. Whatever else happens after that isn't the point, we are Justified by Faith. And I can stand in his grace with That and Only that to hold on to till the end of my days and after.
5. Jelly Beans - Are so yummy, but seriously if they are the gourmet kind then I need the map. I Don't like mixing flavors that just don't go together and I REALLY don't like thinking I'm getting a Coconut and ending up with a Buttered Popcorn. I really like the super cheap barely flavored sugary gummy kind that is found around Easter time. They are delightful.
6. Juice - particularly Guava Juice - it's my favorite, its pink, it's yummy and it makes me feel exotic.
7. Jamba Juice - oh on hot summer days this is a lifesaver. And they were a great place for my sister Charity to work for a while.
8. Jessie - My stepsister that is moving in with Mom and Tim on Tuesday! I am so thankful for her and her baby daughter Olivia. I hope that we can be close and I Adore Olivia who is the most giggly one year old I ever met. You walk into the room and her smile and laugh and hug just absorbs you! I am so excited for her to constantly be in my life!9. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'! OK not really, I mean I o enjoy a Journey song but I'm talking about literal and metaphorical journeys. Where there is a beginning point and an ending point. Thank you Lord for the journeys you take us on during out lives. May we honor you.
10. Jen - Yes. I must say, I can't let J go by without saying...I don't think I ever met someone like her in my Life. When she came over the first night we hung out just us, we talked until all hours and I...well...I was terrified. We Both Freaked Out, we had shared a little more then was comfortable! But wow, in the Short time we have known each other I have been blessed and challenged in so many ways. Thank you Lord for Jen Brown, may you bless her and guide her to Love you, others, and grow more like you every day. Amen! (Happy Birthday Jen!)
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH!!! You made me cry - that was so sweet! I don't think I"ve ever been mentioned in a blog before. Words of affirmation are huge for me (right up there with quality time) & I'm beaming right now after reading this. I remember that first time we hung out - I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk with you & share my heart - that's so scary for me usually, but you were so kind & didn't judge me. I learn so much by talking to you! Things you say come back to me & encourage / challenge me at different times. You have been an unexpected gift in my life this year & I'm so thankful our paths crossed:) Thank you for making my birthday so special w/ your cute comments on my wall & this! Ohhhh, my heart is so full:):):)
Post a Comment