Saturday, March 02, 2013

Christianity and AA and stuff

I remember hearing a story about people in AA from someone who used to go. The primary objective of AA is, well, to stop people from drinking. So this particular AA group didn't really care how you did it, just that you stopped drinking. You could develop an addiction to sex, smoking, whatever. But if you didn't drink, you were praised.
I tend to do that. Not with drinking, but with other things.
Following the teachings of Jesus is not simple matter, it's not like a get out of hell free card, that's silly to think about now, it's a lifestyle. And a simple "do this don't do this list" limits the scope of what it is to love people like he did and Judge people like he did (or didn't) and be the person a truly loving God created us to be.
I am astonished at my limited view of what He calls us to, and what he allows of us as well.
I know, I know, whats the point Kristy? Just another of my nonsensical ramblings. MY point is, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry on behalf of myself and all Christians judging you without first making sure I am doing everything in my power to love you. I'm sorry for not loving you like Jesus loves you. With the help of Jesus I am changing to do so better. I'm learning from the one who gave his life for you to be close to him.
Our primary objective is what Jesus came here to do, Love.
(Thoughts from the sermon from Desert Rivers tonight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen