Baaaaaaah I'm so frustrated!!!
What's the point of speaking truth, if no one wants to hear it??
What's the point of saying anything EVER?
It seems like no matter what I say my own sin, misjudgments, and past, cloud the issue so that others can't hear and I can't speak!
The truth I speak is muddied, and darkened by my sin, or theirs.
But if I don't speak and share my heart I feel like I'm going to explode, but maybe that's even more of my sin nature coming out.
I want to scream from the rooftops: read the Bible - there is TRUTH THERE! LIFE THERE! Pray to the Lord - Vent, cry, communicate!!
See? I say that on even this blog, and I'm sure your eyes just skim over it. You think, "I know, I know" but do you? Do you KNOW?
The only place you find REAL truth in the world are in those pages.
The only place you will find REAL help in the world is from talking to the the LORD of HOSTS! Who WANTS to interject his TRUTH and LIGHT into your situation. But you think, "Oh that's cute. So she's saying just pray and you'll feel better." NO! More then likely you'll start out feeling worse. You'll feel the depth of sin involved in your situation, you'll be humbled by your absolute lack of control over your little world you thought your were ruler over. You'll hate it. And then GOD will give you hope that doesn't go away, he'll give you wisdom that you were seeking, healing for you, and your situation may not look one bit different but YOU'LL be different.
Stop tuning out the truth! Stop letting your eyes glaze over the verses when they are posted on blogs or facebook or in your own devotional. Accept the fact that you DON'T get it, you DON'T have the answer and you NEED help.
I don't care if you aren't a Christian and you think I'm a ridiculous nut. OK wait, that's not true, I do care but really what you think about me doesn't NEED to matter. Pray to God, just try it. It's the only life in the world!
Or if you have been a Christian forever, written countless commentaries have entire chapters memorized. It's the same, YOU don't have the answers for your troubles. And I know you have troubles. GOD wants to hear from you and HELP you in your troubles!! Go to HIM.
Seek him, hunger for him, thirst for him. The same way you feel when you leave your cell phone at home, that weird off kilter, longing to be reconnected, feeling like you must be missing something. Pray for that for the Lord. He satisfies!!
3 comments:
Ah, snap. Preach it, girl.
I love your honesty! I say keep sharing the truth in love. You never know who is listening - even when they seem to be tuning you out. I know I've half-heartedly listened to people desperately trying to share truth with me, but later their words of wisdom would pop into my head and challenge me.
Side note: I was having this conversation with my brother in law today how, what really won me over when I wanted to give up, was people's unconditional love & their faithful reminders of God's truth. I fought it, it made no sense to me (I was pushing everyone away and couldn't understand how they could keep pursuing a friendship with me), but...eventually, I just gave in, because we were made for that kind of love. The unconditional love that shows us Christ and how he pursues us even though we don't deserve it. So, all that to say - keep doing what you're doing! :) Sharing truth and His love. You never know the impact you're having. :)
This is my favorite line, "Or if you have been a Christian forever, written countless commentaries have entire chapters memorized. It's the same, YOU don't have the answers for your troubles." I haven't written countless commentaries, and I don't have any entire chapters memorized, but I have been a Christian pretty much forever, and I had always thought I would get to a point where I should be able to figure it out without taking it to God. I think you're absolutely right!! No matter how smart or godly we are, we cannot figure out His answers to our problems on our own. And our own answers are so short-sighted. Such a good reminder.
Post a Comment