Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ten on Tuesday B

1. Burritos - Especially the one I ate this morning. I often get a breakfast burrito from the Deli next door and its such a wonderful start to my day, to get my motor running.
2. Bethany - My beautiful, talented, loving, hilarious, tender hearted, bossy, older sister. Life would be so very wrong without you my sister.
3. Bethany - My Adorable, sweet, stubborn, feisty, delightful niece. I love her so much.
4. Britain - I used to be slightly obsessed with all things British. TV, movies, literature, books. I still have a great fondness for them and their beautiful way of speaking and sense of humor.
5. Blessings - what can I say? I like getting things.
6. Barnes and Noble/Borders - I don't really have a preference between the two, but man those places delight me. I love having some extra spending money in my hand and blowing it all on books! Anything that happens to tickle my fancy. I love reading.
7. Bike - I love my bike. I am so grateful for it. We've gone many many miles together, through all kinds of weather. And for some reason its easier for me to travel that way. So often I intensely crave transition time. I really like to take my time to gather my thoughts in the morning about what I need to accomplish that day or settle down after a long day of work to relax at home. That bike ride make such a difference.
8. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen- best. song. ever.

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes look up to the skies and see-

9. Blessed be the Name by Matt Redman - Second best song ever :)

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

10. Babies - I never ever ever ever ever thought I would be this person. Ever. But I Love babies.
Now let me make this clear, this is very strange for me to say. God has done a LOT of work in my life changing my likes/dislikes, attitudes, emotions, etc for me to say this.
For example, my friend Tasha had her kids while I was in High School and College. I would go over to her house to meet her new child and my other friends would ooohh and ahhh as if they had received some sort of script ahead of time. They did not pass that script out to me apparently. I didn't see anything fabulous in the child, nothing to oooh about at least. It's not like it was something cute, like a puppy. (Now let me tell you, Tasha's children were, and still are REALLY cute. I mean these weren't little alien children. These boys could have been, and i think were, in magazines. The problem was with ME. NOT the child.) Well inevitably they would have me hold the poor child, perhaps just to laugh, but I think they were hoping that I would get better at it, you know if I did it more often. I remember one time in particular the child started fussing, and I started stressing out and I looked around for someone, anyone, help! And no one notices what I do, its obvious this child is going to explode or burst into flames or its head will start spinning or something. I yell out "Um HEY, can someone, er take THIS!" and I proceed to hold it out as arms length. Everyone finally turns to look at me and starts cracking up. Did she just call this beautiful child a "THIS"?
Well things have changed and I just hear the word baby and my ears perk up and my head turn searching, BABY!? What? Where? LET ME AT 'EM!
Yeah, very very strange. But really Praise the Lord! I would be missing out on enjoying some of the best friendships I could ever imagine! Skylar, Joey, Riley, Nate, Lucy, Ella, Nick, Elly, Boe, Cameron, Bethany, Felicia, Anna, etc... Sigh, I love babies.
P.S. Last time I was at Tasha's her youngest and I had an excellent conversation about UFC fighters, our favorites, different techniques, etc. Sigh.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ah, bookstores:) And I also LOVE that Matt Redman song. It's so comforting. I'm glad you love babies, because they REALLY love you! I like how Riley's eyes light up when you come into the room. Very sweet:)

Mama V said...

You may add Josiah to the list now. I grant you permission. ;)

I'm glad you like babies... and I like seeing you WITH them too... You are just so stinkin' cute!!!

Crayl said...

We are singing that song on Sunday. :) Come sing with us....

Kristy B said...

Heehee Thanks V! I can't wait to get to know him better!! I love babies so much, I even find myself being one of those people where I see them in a store and I have to talk to the parents, ask thier name...etc, sheesh!

Crayl, Oh I would have Loved to!!