1. Diet Coke: I have a lot of memories of taking sips of my Mom and Dad's Diet Coke. It was something special for them, and very special when I got my own glass!2. Daisy: They really are a friendly flower. I've had some excellent conversations with daisies through out the years. They are not as complex as roses but don't mistake their straight forwardness for a lack of passion. They aren't straight laced. They are unapologetic in who they are and their vivacious desire to bring joy and cheer make them an asset in the floral kingdom. They aren't silly looking so they don't bring delight that way, I guess it's really their vulnerability. They are wide open and don't care. They don't even close up at night like some of their relatives. They are out to smile at all who pass by at any time day or night. To me, they are truly a delight and example of living without inhibition or fear, living in pure joy. (Who reads into things?)
3. Darling/Dearest: I love these words. They are so tender and sweet when spoken gently or whispered into a welcome ear.
4. Dancing Queen: I took my very very first online quiz YEARS ago. Before myspace, before facebook, before blogs, before I had like 12 email addresses, there was this website that you could go to and just take quizzes. I have no idea if it's still around. But I remember my very first online quiz I took was, What Song are You? and the result was "Dancing Queen". I believe my response to this was, "huh? Whats that? " I had never heard of it! WELL since then I have been educated in the world of Abba and it has got to be one of my favorite songs. I'm even listening to the Abba station on Pandora right now. This is the perfect dancing around my living room song! Because I am a "DANCING QUEEN!!! YOUNG (ahem) AND SWEET ONLY SEVENTEEN (cough cough)!!!! Well I am when I hear the song at least :)
5. Dapper: Before there was 'metro-sexual' there was dapper. Isn't this a nicer way of saying the same thing? A young man who is neat and trim in dress. My he looks dapper. We should bring it back.
6. Dickinson, Emily: I'm totally unabashedly stealing this from Buttercup's list. Yes, yes I am, but I completely agree. She is incredible and really speaks to me. I had a conversation with my Dad that went something like. Me-"I love Emily Dickinson" Dad-"You are Emily Dickinson" Well that made me feel good, though I know he wasn't talking about my poetic verse. From what I understand she was a very private person, and I can see myself, unchecked, tending toward that type of lifestyle. I could totally live in the country, take walks through the woods all day, write letters to my friends, ponder, and be content. I don't think it would be a good way to live in the least, but definitely something my personality tends toward.
7. Dad - You have been more of a true Father to me then I ever could have imagined. Thank you.
8. Define - "a concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase or symbol." I love to find out what words really mean, making cloudy things clear. I love explanations and examples and anything that creates more understanding and lessens confusion.
9. Debate - Though I'm not really a 'fighter' when it comes to my natural fight or flight tendencies. I do enjoy a good debate, especially when its all in good clean fun. And very much especially if I'm winning. I don't completely enjoy winning in the end though, I ALWAYS have regrets. But in the moment, when your adrenaline's rushing and ideas are popping and you're in the moment...using words to parry and thrust and trying to not only formulate what you want to say but also wrapping it in a package that is palpable to the listener. It's kind of fun. And not I'm getting a little nervous about how much I enjoy it...well you learn something new every day.
10. Drive - I like to drive am so thankful when I get the chance to do so. I've had the opportunity to borrow my Moms car while she's been out of town and man, its nice. I'm definitely not saying that I'm any good at it, I could venture to say that I'm a moderate to poor driver if I want to be honest. But man it's nice. I love to go on road trips or just go for a drive around town. I am so thankful for cars in general and the opportunity to drive one a bit this week. Thanks Mom!
3 comments:
That's such a compliment to be told you're Emily Dickinson:) She was insightful, a lover of beauty and mysterious and yes, enjoyed times of solitude. That's definitely you:)
I love what you come up with on your lists, but even more I like your explanations behind them. So fun to read.
ABBA is SO much fun! Especially Dancing Queen! Gotta love that.
I miss that website. for the LIFE of me I can't remember it either!
it used to be emode....right??
Post a Comment