Monday, July 06, 2009

Ten on Tuesday - E

1. Ella, ellz, Ellz bellz, Ella Anne: Man I love her. My heart would explode if it tried to love another child more then I love Ella (and her brother and sister of course). I am honored to be a part of her life as long as she allows me to from now on. Have you met her? If you haven't, try to meet her if you can. Really it's so worth it. She about the size of an 8 month old, with the brain of an 8 year old, and occasionally the attitude of a 13 year old, and the laugh of agelessness. Am I going on and on? Yeah I am, but that's my prerogative, I love her so very so much. Am I making myself clear?


2. Evanescence: um they rock.







3. Earnest: I love the word earnest. not necessarily the name but the Word. Its so much more personal then zealous. Zealous seems showy and flamboyant but earnest is private and yet it eeks out into the world because of the truth of it.


4. Exegesis: According to wikipedia is "a critical explanation or interpretation of the Bible. The goal of Biblical exegesis is to find the meaning of the text which then leads to discovering its significance or relevance." They explained this in Bible school as pulling the meaning out of the text and not putting your own ideas in the text. Hahahahahaha! Good luck! Praise the Lord that He helps us through this!


5. Endorphins: I love love love endorphins. After or during a long bike ride, or a good hike, or a day at the park chasing around my nieces and nephews, or even helping move a refrigerator that feeling is really the best ever. These keep me going and definitely help my mood!


6. Epidural: Now, I haven't ever used one of these myself, and I realize that there are different opinions about them in general, however, I went from seeing my sister in INTENSE pain to quietly resting and for that I am VERY thankful.


7. Epignosis: Wow, I have no idea why this word popped into my head when trying to think of E words! I know I've heard it before and I'm pretty sure I can hear my Dad's voice saying it! But it's quite pertinent. I am thankful for it! Its a Greek word for acknowledge, or knowledge. I would be lost without true knowledge of the Lord. I cannot rely on my feelings and desires, I need knowledge of His word as a foundation for me. "Phil 1:9 This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment;"


8. Everest: Probably one of the funniest conversation I've ever had in my entire life happened over IM. And in this IM conversation I was given the nickname of EVEREST. Sigh, it was one of those times where you think about it later it still makes you laugh but you're not exactly sure why...

9. Ents: Hands down the most interesting characters in the Lord of the Rings. I LOVE them! Of COURSE trees should have herders and protectors! It's so very sad that they can't find the Entwives and I like to think that at one time they were actually found and reunited.



10. Exclamation Points: I use them almost to abuse. But they do such a good job of showing the intensity with which I mean what I am saying! What I really need is some sort of arrow I could use to show that my voice has risen during the course of the conversation! This way I don't have to keep following exclamation point with exclamation point and end up having to use multiple exclamation points just to make my point!!

Praise the Lord for all He has taught me this week, for the work he is doing in your life, and for what is to come! Amen.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I BET you had a serious endorphin rush after moving that refrigerator with Pete - I still can't believe you did that. As Pete said himself, "You're such a stud!" :)
Love the Evanescence video - very cool.
Ella - I'm so happy I finally got to meet her & I can see why she's got you wrapped around her little finger. She is beee-yew-ti-ful!
I like that you use exclamation points!!! Seriously :)
I'm very happy to hear all that He's doing in your life. You are continually in my prayers, Red.

Kristy B said...

Thank you so much Buttercup!!