2. Freedom - Wow. It is so desired and yet so scary. The cage is safe, familiar, but the wide open is...ideal, good for running and dancing. Thank you Lord for setting us free...keep us safe from things that would harm us and from ourselves.
3. Feelings - I am thankful for feelings. Though they are not always to be trusted, they are such a blessing.
4. Flee - I am becoming a woman who will flee (read I run like hell). When I am around a temptation that is too great, I run without apology. So many times in my life I thought I could handle things, I thought that I was strong enough, solid enough, mature enough to NOT give in
5. Faithful - I often take this to mean steadfast and true, committed. Like a knight defending a King out of duty or obligation to the King. But it seems like such a different picture in my mind when I think of it as "Full of Faith". My sister and I have had this conversation before, and it never ceases to bring tears to our eyes when we think of it. It's in the Narnia book/movie 'Prince Caspian' and its the scene where Lucy is facing the entire army with her little dagger in her hand. And she looks like she is going to take on this entire army by herself. The confidence in the face of this child. Why is she confident? Because she KNOWS that Aslan is behind her, though she can't see him, she knows he is there. She she does exactly what he would want her to do. It's so beautiful. It's even more poignant when you remember earlier she and Aslan had to have a little talk about her not following him when she knew what she was supposed to do but her brothers and sisters were against her. What tremendous growth in a child. How so very much I want to see that growth in myself. To stand firm in faith because I know that GOD is faithful. Though I only have a tiny dagger, it is exactly what God gave me for exactly what I need to do. And tomorrow I will have grown even more then today. Lord, I surrender all that I think/perceive to you, prune any area in my life not bearing fruit, so that I may stand for you and run this race without hindrance. Jesus thank you for your gift of faith.6. Fun - I like, I love it, and I daresay I want some more of it.
7. Forrest Griffin vs Stephen Bonnar fight (the first one)- great UFC fight.

8. Forensics - I love crime shows. I love it that they always get the bad guy. I love it that they all have some sort of downfall that the good guys trap them in and BAM they are hooked. I especially enjoy Abby from NCIS. For some reason her character totally delights me.
9. Fantasy - as in imagining the impossible. Every once in a while my imagination takes me to different lands, where the sky is purple and the land is yellow and trees run the earth with their flying horses. Dragons are our teachers and flowers are our food and we can only smell when we are happy...but I do have to be careful. It way to easy to get lost there. I am still thankful for it.
10. Fellowship - I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with friends and family which has been so rich these last few days. I feel so wealthy. Thank you Lord.
2 comments:
:) I love love love reading your 10 oN Tuesdays... always have. I especially appreciated #4-5. Profound.
Thank you so much Vanessa!!
Post a Comment