Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ten on Tuesday - G (a week late and quite a few dollars short)

1. Gideon- Love those people that put the bibles in the Hotel rooms. I mean I don’t know much about their theology, but Bible in hotel rooms always seem like a great idea!

2. Gollum- Love love love the two characters in one that Tolkien portrays in Gollum and Smeagol. I mean seriously who doesn’t identify with him at some point in the books/movie? It’s an incredible way of looking at oneself.
3. Grace- Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. (Eph 2:7-10 the message)
4. Guitars- There is something about a simple song played on a guitar that moves me quite deeply.
5. Glendale- I’ve spent many a lovely time in Glendale AZ.
6. Geronimo- I love things that people say that I have no idea why we say them. Why yell Geronimo when you jump off of something. Really the only reason I know of is because that is what they do in commercials.
7. Gremlins- the first gory movie I ever saw. I Loved it!
8. Giraffe- if you haven’t had a chance to see them in real life, do. They are so amazingly beautiful and so graceful, like magic.
9. Guinevere – The most beautiful and princess-ly name ever.
10. Gary- There once was a man named Gary, who gave me some very bad advice. But I listened to it and followed it because it was exactly what I wanted to hear at the time. Well in one moment he, maybe even unknowingly, gave me the perfect advice that changed my life around completely. And for that I will always Praise the Lord for Gary.

2 comments:

Jen said...

:) This was worth the wait. I think the reason I like your lists so much is I learn something new about you each time. I totally agree about guitars! I think they're soothing and romantic. Geronimo - why don't people say that more often? Well, they should! :) Grace - how can such a small word hold so much emotion and meaning? Thank you for sharing, Red. I'm so glad you & AC are doing this, too. It's really fun!

Emma Anne said...

4- I'm with you on this one. Love guitars.
5- Hooray! Now you'll have to spend many a lovely time in Scottsdale, though. It'll come in handy when you get to the 'S'.
9- I've always loved the name Guinevere. It should be my name.
and 10- Where would we all be without Gary? Certainly not where we are. And frankly, I like you where you are. :)