1. Carl's Jr - I am so thankful for this place. Without them, I might possibly starve. Not a big fan of their commercials though. I don't think I am technically their target audience.
2. Citrus - especially as it pertains to cleaning agents. I love the cleaners that smell like citrus. It's so fresh and I have fun memories of having spray cleaner fights as a janitor in High School. We had the aerosol cans of orange cleaner and would sneak around a corner and spray each other. It was great fun.
3. Can do - My natural tendency is to give up when things get hard. Unfortunately. I am definitely convicted to change that around in my own life as I grow and learn, but when I was little I would give into it a lot. Many many times I would say "I can't". i.e. I can't read, I can't spell, I can't say 'R' right, I can't ride a bike, etc. My parents and teachers would so often have to combat this on my behalf since I couldn't or wouldn't fight it on my own. Well it's been a long road and I've learned a little since then. I now know that so often on my own, I really can't, but I am not on my own. "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness." And though in the short term that might not make me able to ride my bike faster, it does give me a sense of peace knowing that no matter what is required at the time, I will have everything I need to do what God is calling me to do.
4. Crayl - She consistently inspires me to follow the Lord and I love how much she loves my sister and family.
5. Christie - I honestly can say I don't know where I would be without her friendship. I would never ever want to be without it. She is such a blessing in my life and has shown me grace beyond measure. (Thank you Christie!)
6. Country Music - I love me sum cuntry music. Here is just a taste of some of my favorites.
Billy Currington - People are Crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMgb0JMTeo
Brad Paisley - Celebrity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPe4fZNf74
7. Classes - I like take classes and being taught things. Whether it is another SQL class or a class at the gym, I'm so thankful there are people that are good at showing other people how to do things. I like to be on the receiving end of the knowledge stream.
8. Compassion - I am so thankful for the chance to show and be shown compassion. Its the safest place to be.
9. Chirotouch - If this happened to be a real company that employed people I think I would like to work here. I think I would like it a lot, the people, the work, the environment...pretty much everything. I think I would want to work here for a long time to come.
10. Clothey Chiropractic - They took such good care of me when I was a complete wreck. Someday I would love to help someone and show as much love to someone as they have and continually do show to me. Additionally I have a horrible sinus infection Tuesday and they gave me some nutrition to help heal it, I'm feeling so much better today!! Hooray!
4 comments:
I loved this entry, Kristy! :)
And I love that Brad Paisley song! We saw him in concert before we knew who he actually was. And that song was one he played. :) I never knew you liked country - HA! (I'm a little surprised, actually! Quite different from your past musical tastes. Hee hee!) :)
Yippee! Your loyal fan club & I are delighted to read your list:) It's true, citrus is such a refreshing scent. I have a yummy lemon sorbet-scented candle from Adelaide's (an absolutely lovely flower shop in La Jolla) that I love. Compassion is such a gift! You've been blessed with an ability to feel a great depth of compassion for others. Carl's Jr....would they be as successful without your faithful business? :) Happy you're feeling better! Thanks for sharing your list - it's always fun to see a little bit of what goes on in the mind of RRH:)
V, I love country :) I got into it a few years ago and have been hooked since. It all started with Toby Keith "I Wanna Talk About Me". Loved it and thought it was so playful and fun. Then then I heard more of Brad Paisley, specifically "Ticks", I was hooked. I had no clue you have actually SEEN him in concert, that is so awesome!! Sounds like a ton of fun! I also LOVE his "Letter to Me" or at least I think thats what thats called. So great!
B, Thank you so much for reminding me about Ten on Tuesday, you have no clue how much I love (need?) the call to action sometimes (read often)! Yes, the smell of citrus is always a good thing I think. My Mom taugh me the trick of putting orange peels in the garbage desposal to make your kitchen smell good. I love little things like that. I've got to check out the flowers shop in La Jolla, sounds delightful. And yes, I think Carls Jr might notice a HUGE drop in revenue if I became a veggitarian or if I go on a diet. But I really should cut back to just one a week again, my pants are geting a little snug!! But it just tastes so good! Thanks again :)
Well, I'm just now reading this one too...I can't believe I made it on your list!! I'm so touched by that. I am blessed by your friendship constantly. Thanks for being in my life. :)
P.S. I love citrus cleaning supplies too! When I was pregnant with Sky, that was one of the only smells that didn't make me want to vomit, so I would channel surf away from food commercials to try to find citrus-cleaning-supply commercials that made me feel better. No joke! :)
Post a Comment