Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ten on Tuesday a Day Late

I think my theme for the week (maybe even the year) is...better late then never.

10 Things that Start with "I" I am thankful for.

10. Iced Coffee - Especially a large one from "Its a Grind" with 4-5 packets of Splenda and a lot of milk. It has the zip with out making you sweat, they have the good ice there, and I love the plastic cups they use, don't know why, I just do. I am also thankful for the people that work there. They have been very very kind to me when I was going through a hard time. If you're ever downtown go to the one on G street just south of Horton Plaza. If you're in little Italy go to the one on India. Stop in...and say thank you.

9. Ian McKellen - He is in a LOT of my favorite movies and I really don't believe they would be the same without him. Here is just a sample
"The Scarlet Pimpernel" - 1982 - Watch this if you have a love of big fancy dresses, corny hero's and a lot of time, I think its like 5 hours long. He played a baddie from the French Revolution. (I have to admit I probably watched this movie 200 times growing up)
"The Shadow" - 1994 - This is also pretty cheesy, is there a theme here, but a fun watch. He played a bumbling father.
"Lord of the Rings" - most likely self explanatory.
"X-men" - yeah, he creates the perfect blend of pity and anger for a bad guy.

8. Information Technology. What can I say? Its fun.

7. Internet - thank you whoever did invent it. Brilliant work.

6. Input - you know, sometimes you can go it on your own, and sometimes you REALLY can't, I've had moments when I've "thought" myself into disaster. So getting advice is something I am thankful for.

5. "I before E except after C and when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh" I don't know what sayings like those are called but they've saved my hienie on many occasions.

4. In-line skating - I don't like doing it myself. But for some reason it makes me laugh to see other people doing it and I am thankful for that. I'm not laughing "at" them...promise. Maybe its not the skating so much as the spandex...no its the skating.

3. Incident - I am thankful for the word incident. Oh my it can describe so many things in such an impersonal "I-don't-really-want-to-share-anything" way. "the incident occurred...", "we had an incident...", maybe its the picture it brings to mind, something that happened in a moment in time but is over and done with... Like an event that ends with a period instead of a comma.

2. Ice Cream - I am thankful for Soy Ice Cream. No I think that doesn't convey the gravity of my feelings towards it. I REALLY like soy ice cream. Chocolate soy ice cream. I would eat it every day. I would eat it for dinner every day. Maybe lunch too. I am a huge fan. Like those girls at the Ed Sullivan show when the Beatles first went on, you know those screaming ones? But I'm much more dignified about it. Though if its late at night, and I'm in the grocery store freezer aisle alone...I can't promise that I won't applaud, just a little...seriously.

1. Intimacy - not the sexual kind...but really knowing people, the pretty and the ugly parts, and still loving them...and them still loving you. Its REALLY uncomfortable to begin with, I didn't understand it much at first, still don't completely...but its really really nice. I am thankful for my family that I can be intimate with.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! That is EXACTLY what I would pick and for those EXACT reasons! :)

Crayl said...

Thank you for joining. Let the healing continue!

I hope some day you will link your lists, but I am thankful you blogged either way.

Michelle Coffman said...

Most excellent call on #5! I thoroughly agree!

And yes, the "Super Suit" scene is totally the best!!!

Thany said...

I only knew the first part "I before E except after C" You Enlightened me! :)

Or, "IN-lightened?!"