1. The Bible makes me feel uncomfortable. I see myself so often between these pages that I find I am shifting in my seat or I start skimming. It's not comfortable to realize more and more the depravity of my own heart and understanding and the requirement of COMPLETE reliance on God, and even THAT I can't do on my own strength. I couldn't choose God unless he gave me that ability, unless he had brought me to a place, a moment, where that was a possibility. My flesh "squalls and bawls" as I heard a preacher say it, but there is really no other place to be.
2. Actually relating to people is so much better then faking it. Even if they do think you are a little strange.
3. We've started praying for people we don't like. It's a strange thing, I mean they aren't our "enemies" per-say, its very clear that we're supposed to pray for our emnemies, right? But these are just people that we don't really like all that much. Last night we prayed for Barak Obama, Hillary Clinton, Oprah, and whoever called the police on my truck saying that it was an abandoned vehicle. It's really freeing.
No comments:
Post a Comment