Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - Wednesday Catch up - A

At this point in the journey of my life. I have a lot to be thankful for. Seriously, A LOT. But I haven't really been thankful for a while. No time like the right-now-this-very-second time.
Starting at A and catching up as I can:

1. Artichokes - really all I can say is yummy yummy to my tummy.
2. Avocados - same as above!
3. America - for all of my grumblings and for all of my travels, its always good to be home and I am so thankful to have grown up here and am thankful to be a citizen of this country. (Don't tell David :) )
4. Africa - My trip to Africa gave me a perspective of the world and of God and his love that I don't think I could have learned at any other time or in any other place.
5. Anger - In your anger, do not sin, do not let the sun go down on your anger. Anger creates boundaries when someone is hurting you and releases built up energy. For that, I am thankful.
6. Aunts - I have a good one. Her name is Aunt Pat. Though we are not super close, I have many fond memories of spending time with her and Uncle Jim when I was a kid. I also know, without a doubt, if I ever called her and needed help, she would if she could. There is such security in that, that is family. I am also thankful to BE an Aunt.
7. Armor - "So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." God knows we have no power on our own, either for fighting or defending. Thank you Lord for giving us your armor!
8. Anteaters - Though I've never met one personally, I am generally thankful for them. I mean, can you imagine how many MORE ants there would be in the world if they DIDN'T exist??
9. AA - I am very thankful for Alcoholics Anonymous and the other groups out there giving hope to people who feel trapped by addictions.
10. Angels - "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Praise God!

2 comments:

Michelle Coffman said...

Good perspective on anteaters. Never thought of it that way....

Just so's you know, Crayl is going to loop around and start the alphabet over again when it's done. Many of us didn't start unitl H or I.

But you can go ahead and catch up if you want. I love reading you! :-)

Kristy B said...

Oh good! Ok I'll wait, got A done ahead of time then! Thanks!