Monday, August 25, 2008

Top Five Reasons God Hasn't Given Me Children

#1. I fluxtuate between what to name them. Buttercup if its a girl, Inigo Montoya if its a boy...Elizabeth if its a girl, Mr. Darcy if its a boy...I Just Can't Decide!

#2. If a baby starts crying and they are in my arms, more often then not and completely without premeditation I immediatly walk over to the nearest Mom-type-person and say, "Here can you please take this?" ...at least I say Please!

#3. I think its cute when they get hopped up on sugar.

#4. Kids don't have a mute button and trust me I would look all over for it.

#5. "Magic" is my explaination for just about everything. Especially with my neice and nephew. I know thats not a good reason for things, I should probably say "its a miracle!" or "I don't know!" or even "I would explain but I'm not very good at explaining and you have the brain of a 5 year old so even if I tried to explain most adults might not be able to understand me and even if they did there's no way that you would understand and even if you did I might not be explaining it correctly and then you might be confused for the rest of your life on this particular issue and maybe even fail your S.A.T.'s because of this one question that you were sure you didn't have to study over because "Aunt Kristy" explained it to you all those years ago..." which would be the most honest. But I don't say any of that. I say "it's magic!" Fortunately, my nephew at least, is smart enough to know that I am crazy and tries to figure it out anyways, so asking me is really just something to keep that "crazy lady in the corner" busy.

2 comments:

Thany said...

You may not have your own kids yet but you make the PERFECT Auntie!!

Amy said...

I love this! Boys name.. stick with Inigo! :)